Rebuilding Together completes home rehabilitation projects each April at no cost to the homeowner. Repairs vary from yard clean-up and trash removal to minor repairs such as small carpentry jobs and painting walls to major skilled tasks such as roofing work and updating electrical and plumbing systems. Rebuilding Together does not provide emergency repairs.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
For a home to qualify for repair assistance through Rebuilding Together, it must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The home must be located within the year’s targeted project area.
- The home must be a single-family, owner-occupied unit (rental homes are not eligible) and be the applicant’s primary residence.
- The total income of all household members must fall within set federal limits.
- The home must be insurable under a homeowner’s policy.
- The home must have current property taxes.
Additional restrictions may apply.
Priority is given to elderly (over 60 years of age) and disabled homeowners.
2019 Rebuilding Together Client Application
Please read the 2019 Cover Letter prior to applying and review the service area (homes outside of service area will not be considered).
The 2019 Rebuilding Together Client Application is Available below.
Home Repair Assistance Schedule (Approximate)
Application period for homeowners in the targeted neighborhood
Applications completed and reviewed for eligibility
Eligible homes inspected and evaulated
Homes selected for Rebuilding Together repair assistance
Home rehabilitation projects completed
Contact Rebuilding Together with questions or to request an application. 574-289-1066 ext. 1204