2023 CLIENT APPLICATIONS
ARE NOW CLOSED.
Rebuilding Together completes home rehabilitation projects at no cost to the homeowner. Repairs vary from yard clean-up and trash removal to minor repairs such as small carpentry jobs and painting walls to major skilled tasks such as roofing work and updating electrical and plumbing systems. Rebuilding Together does not provide emergency repairs.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
For a home to qualify for repair assistance through Rebuilding Together, it must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The home must be located within the year’s targeted project area.
- The home must be a single-family, owner-occupied unit (rental homes are not eligible) and be the applicant’s primary residence.
- The total income of all household members must fall within set federal limits.
- The home must be insurable under a homeowner’s policy.
- The home must have current property taxes.
Additional restrictions may apply.
Priority is given to elderly (over 60 years of age) and disabled homeowners.
Income Guidelines Effective 06/01/2022*
* Please note that HUD Income Limits are subject to change. To qualify you cannot earn more than 80% AMI based on family size. For example a family of 2 cannot earn more than $49,950.
Rebuilding Together St. Joseph County
803 Lincolnway West
South Bend, IN 46616